Disposable vape has received a lot of negative press. While we occasionally hear positive reports about the health benefits of disposable vape, they are usually drowned out by the assumed risks and exaggerated dangers. It’s not easy to find the facts about disposable vape.
Recently, 15 former presidents of the Society for Research on Nicotine and Tobacco (SRNT) co-authored a paper for the American Journal of Public Health arguing that the potential positive public health effects of disposable vape are being ignored or distorted by powerful interest groups and lobbying groups.
Even top scientists and researchers in relevant fields are ignored when their research is inconsistent with popular information (disposable vape is just as bad, if not worse). This makes things very confusing!
This article can bring some clarity and simplicity to the subject with some practical advantages. So what are the actual pros and cons of disposable vape? Let’s get started.
Benefits of disposable vape
1. Safer than smoking: The Royal College of Physicians and the British Academy of Public Health, as well as the U.S. National Academies of Sciences, Engineering and Medicine, all agree that disposable vape is safer than smoking. disposable vape is “at least 95% less harmful” according to PHE. Because disposable vape does not burn, there is no smoke, and smoke is the cause of tar and carbon monoxide, most of which can be harmful to health with long-term smoking. The health benefits of going smoke-free include improved lung and heart function, and even a better sense of smell and taste.
2. No noxious odors: One of the biggest benefits of disposable vape is that you and your clothes, house, and car no longer smell like smoke. disposable vape smells good, but nowhere near the old smell of cigarettes and cigarette butts. In fact, even a tobacco flavored disposable vape doesn’t smell like any burning tobacco. For many people, the smell of vapor is almost invisible. You might even get compliments!
3. Control nicotine intake: Vaping gives you complete control over your nicotine dose. disposable vape comes in a variety of strengths, from nicotine-free to highly concentrated nicotine. You can choose the exact amount of nicotine in the disposable vape, or no nicotine at all. Most disposable vape users tend to start with high nicotine levels and then gradually reduce the strength or even eliminate nicotine altogether.
4. Control of vapor output: Vaping allows you to control the amount of vapor exhaled, which is a major part of the experience. For convenience and low vapor volume, some disposable vape users prefer smaller devices like pod vapes, while others prefer high performance mods to chase the clouds. Adjusting power output, airflow, and coil type allows you to further fine-tune the amount of vapor, which can also affect flavor. You can be subtle and secretive or gorgeous as you wish, depending on how you choose to vape disposable vape.5. Flavors for all tastes: There are an almost endless number of flavors to choose from in e-juice. Some of the most popular flavor categories are fruit, desserts, beverages, menthol and menthol, and tobacco. If you don’t like what’s on the market, you can make your own vape juice!
6. Instant gratification: While a premium disposable vape may require an initial patch, there are many simpler products that can be pre-loaded and readily available. Either way, once the vape is ready, clicking is as easy as pushing a button or drawing on the device (some devices have automatic drawing capabilities). While all disposable vape devices require a rechargeable battery and disposable vape oil to continue working, a regular disposable vape will keep you awake all day with no maintenance.
7. Price point per wallet: The disposable vape market is huge and highly competitive. There are many products in every price range, – ranging from $10 to several hundred dollars, – to meet the needs of almost any user. Whether you want a simple disposable vape or a complex vape mod and high quality e-liquid, you can start vaping today.
8. No Experience Required: Sure, you can cultivate a hobby of collecting disposable vape devices or learning how to make your own coils, but as a beginner, you can also get a great disposable vape experience right away. Between starter kits and simple disposable vapes, there are plenty of quality disposable vape products that don’t require any experience.
9. Access and availability: good disposable vape products can now be found at disposable vape stores, convenience stores, gas stations, and even cigarette stores. There are also online disposable vape stores that can deliver disposable vape products right to your doorstep.
Disadvantages of disposable vape
1. Too much choice: For new disposable vape users or smokers considering a change, the endless choices offered by the disposable vape market can be overwhelming. With cigarettes, you can choose a brand and light it up, but there are actually millions of possible choices for disposable vape. That’s why it’s best to point vape-curious to products that are easy to use, provide easy introductory guidance, and then find good sources of more information (vape stores, forums, experienced vapers) as new vapers learn the finer points.
2. DISPOSABLE VAPE LEARNING CURVE: Probably the biggest danger for new disposable vape users is buying a product that requires specialized knowledge. They are often confused and frustrated and regret trying to switch to disposable vape. as always, there is no need for a long learning curve! Simple starter products are almost always the best first choice.
3. Potential health risks: disposable vape is too new for us to understand every potential risk it may pose. However, if you use a disposable vape to quit smoking, you can more easily know that you are staying away from the well-documented dangers of smoking. The substances in cigarette smoke that make it particularly harmful are either not present in disposable vape vapor at all, or are only present in small amounts. This makes disposable vape users and bystanders affected by “secondhand vapor” safer.4. Disposable vape users face the stigma of smoking: For nearly 60 years, tobacco control has focused on the “denormalization” of smoking. “, which is just a fancy word used to stigmatize smokers and vapers. Now, the same drug war campaign aimed at dehumanizing smokers has turned against disposable vape users. Because disposable vape looks like smoking to non-smokers, smokers who turn to safer disposable vape products often find to their dismay that they face the same stigma that is rooted in ignorance, fear, and intolerance.
5. Disposable vape smoking is considered a youth problem: With news reports of a “disposable vape epidemic among teens,” older smokers may be avoiding disposable vape as a way to quit. The truth is that adults of every age are smoking disposable vape – and the legal age to purchase disposable vape is 21 years old.3354 But for those who are now exposed to disposable vape in the ” JUUL Panic” era soon after, it may not be easy to separate the benefits of harm reduction from the idea of teenage fads.
Nicotine misinformation: Nicotine can be as misunderstood as any drug in the world. It’s really just a mild stimulant with effects similar to caffeine. But because of its history, it is necessarily associated with smoking. — A very dangerous delivery device. — Nicotine has a bad reputation. Nicotine does not cause cancer or heart disease, but many people confuse nicotine with the effects of smoking, including doctors who regularly treat lifelong smokers. Nicotine can actually provide health benefits to many users.
Restrictive laws and regulations: Based largely on the disposable vape “epidemic” driven by anti-disposable vape groups, disposable vape has become a ripe target for laws and regulations to reduce the availability, accessibility, and cost of disposable vape. and cost. More than half of the U.S. states tax disposable vape products, and Congress recently passed a law banning the U.S. Postal Service from offering disposable vape products. Some states have banned disposable vape products that use flavors other than tobacco.
8. FDA regulations could eliminate the option of disposable vape: The biggest government threat to disposable vape may be the Food and Drug Administration’s premarket tobacco application (PMTA) process. Last fall, manufacturers hoping to keep their products on the market were forced to submit complex applications to prove that the products were “suitable to protect public health. Experts believe that the FDA will use the PMTA process to wipe many of the best disposable vape products from the market. (By the way, cigarettes do not need to submit a PMTA to enter the market.)
9. It’s not easy to get to the bottom of disposable vape: disposable vape is a disruptive technology that threatens the tobacco industry, but it also threatens the powerful anti-smoking industry. For smokers or new disposable vape users, it is difficult to distinguish between the lies and the truth about disposable vape as these powerful enemies advance their narrative in various news outlets and even through joint federal agencies. Because there are so many scary stories about disposable vape. It’s easy to be scared off. It’s your choice.
By now, you should have a better understanding of the pros and cons of disposable vape. There are many points on both sides. However, if you think that disposable vape is an alternative to smoking, then it is clearly the best choice for both. While disposable vape is not the only way to fight addiction, all other options have their own pros and cons.
The disposable vape is successful because it provides nicotine and a smoking-like experience, but without the combustion products that make smoking deadly. But disposable vape is not perfect, nor is it the answer for everyone. Whatever decision you make, at least have a clear understanding of the pros and cons of disposable vape.